Question
Posted by: Shocked!!! | 2007/05/14

PROVERA! URGENT!

Hi Doc.. I just wanted to confirm with you what the usage of provera is? Is provera safe to use while trying to conceive?
Please help as i have heard shocking news that provera can cause miscarriages and abortions and shouldnt be used while trying to conceive? My gynae has put me on 10mg of provera to use for 14 days during my cycle. But i am trying to conceive a child and therefore am very freaked out at the moment. Should i continue to use provera or should i discontinue this immediately?
PLEASE Advise Doc, i really need to know!

Provera will not prevent conception. There is no problem using it for 6 months to regulate your period.

4
Posted by: Shocked!! | 2007/05/15

But does Provera cause miscarriages???????

Reply to Shocked!!
Posted by: Shocked!! | 2007/05/14

Thanks mommy to be! I appreciate your feedback. However i have been on provera now for 2 months. This is my second month of provera but its only a 14 day course each month...? Should i start to worry? He has given me repeats until September thats 6 month course that he has put me on...? Should one use provera for that long? Im really starting to get worried now..?

Reply to Shocked!!
Posted by: mommy to be | 2007/05/14

Hi Shocked

When I went off the pill in September, my cycle was also very irregular.

I was put on Provera (a 10 day course) to regulate my cycle.

I don't think you will fall pregnant while on Provera anyway. I was lucky enough to fall pregnant in January and is now almost 19 weeks pregnant.

Take the provera, then relax and let your cycle sort itself out. I hope you conceive soon!

Good Luck

Reply to mommy to be
Posted by: Shocked!!! | 2007/05/14

I was put on provera to help me regulate my period and now i am worried about trying to concieve while i am on provera. Please help doc! Thanks!

Reply to Shocked!!!