Question
Posted by: Lily | 2004/09/25

Provera - side effects -

Please could you tell me what is in Provera? I am on day 2 of taking ten tablets as prescribed by my gynae - have to do this every second month. I was fine on day one but today (day 2) I have terrible symptoms of PMS - irritable, jumpy, tearful, - are these side effects of Provera? I am drinking litres of water but have a raging thirst. I'm also craving sugar & this is not good because I'm at Weigh Less! I have decided to go ahead with a hysterectomy early next year so am thinking why put myself through this? Please advise.

Provera contains progesterone and most of the symptoms you are describing xould be attributable to progesterone.
If you do have a hysterectomy you would not need te progesterones.

1
Posted by: Andrea | 2004/09/25

I would definitely ask my doctor to test me for diabetes, if I were you, especially since you are thirsty all the time. The symptoms you are describing could be totally independent of the medication you are on. One of the symptoms of diabetes is emotional instability (although it doesn't effect all diabetics).

Reply to Andrea