Question
Posted by: Ella | 2006/11/11

Provera & Clomid without being monitored

Hi I had a miscarriage in April, had one period 9 weeks after that but nothing for the last 4 months. My doctor found dark spots on my ovaries after a scan which is the eggs just sitting their. (Said it might be PCOS, although I am not overweight, excess hair etc.) My doctor gave me Provera for 10 days to start my period which has worked and I have two more clomid pills to drink. I am a bit concerned as I read a doctor is supposed to monitor you, but my doctor only said that I have to go for a blood test 21 days after my period started. Should I be concerned?
Thx

Dear Ella

In some instances the doctors use clomid just to test whether the dose is sufficient to induce ovulation. However, should you have fertility concerns then it is best to be proactive and either monitor by means of ultra sound scans or introduce ovulation monitoring tests such a clearplan so as to avoid delays in treatment and to facilitate a quicker fertility result. Certainly the second and third clomid cycles would require careful monitoring using one or both of the above methods.

1
Posted by: m.b | 2006/11/12

hi i also have pcos......started my first course of clomid this month-takin last tablet tomorow.....my doc tol me the same thing...blood test on day 21.i did sum research and u can use a thermometer to check ur temp. to see if the meds are working......ur temp goes up a bit wen ovulating....
g'luck

Reply to m.b