Question
Posted by: Megs | 2005/12/06

Provera and Posibly pregnant

Could anyone tell me if it is dangerous for the fetus/ me if i am on provera to bring on a withdrawl bleed and i am still in the early stages of pregnancy and the pregnancy can not be detected as yet?

No it is not dangerous. In fact, progesterone is used in some people to prevent a miscarriage.

1
Posted by: YESSSS | 2005/12/06

YESS!!!! You will lose your baby if you're pregnant as you're inducing a miscarriage basically. This happened to a friend of mine, she was pg but the urine test was still negative (early days), the doc gave Provera; so she started taking it but then decided to have a blood test which showed she was pregnant. The provera started her period and so she lost the baby.

You MUST have a blood test to confirm NO PREGNANCY before taking Provera!!!!

Reply to YESSSS