Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2007/03/13

Provera and break through bleed

I have been on melodene for 5 months now without any problems, after my last normal period, on the right date, I had a break through bleed a week after that which lasted for more then 6 days and didnt want to stop with severe back and abdominal pain.

Went to my doctor and he put me on provera 10mg ones a day, which I have to take and continue with my melodene, he prescribed 10 tablets for me..... The last 3 tablets fall in my "inactive pills" cycle of my melodene. Should I just continue and finish the Provera. Its been 3 days and the bleeding has slowed down but havent dissapeared yet. Still have abdominal and back pain. But its beter?

Would I get a normal period now in my cycle? What could have made this break through bleeding arrive and keep flowing with server pain?

Some answers would be nice.

Carry on with the Provera till you have finished the 10 days. Your cycle is likely to be disrupted for the next month or two. I presume that your doctor examined you and did not find anything wrong. In this case, it most likely hormonal. You will have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of months.