Question
Posted by: TTC | 2008/01/14

Provera 5mg

My Gynae put me on provera 5mg to bring on my periods as I had only had one period since stopping the pill. It's a 10 day course which I take at the same time every month for 3 months. The first course was successful in bringing on my period exactly 1 week after the last tablet and I am currently on the 2nd course. (2nd month) What I'd like to know is:

(a) Can I fall pregnant while taking the Provera 5mg
(b) If I do, can the dosage harm the fetus?

You can fall pregnant while taking Provera and it will not harm the fetus.

1
Posted by: Sue | 2009/02/16

I' ve been on provera 5mg from the 02 Feb. to the 08 Feb.. I didn' t receive my period to date. I found out via a pregnancy test on Friday that I' m pregnant. Is it safe to be on provera during early pregnancy?

Reply to Sue