Question
Posted by: Hein | 2005/01/08

Protien supplement

I am 16 years old and want to built my mucles. I am 1.68 m and weigh 56 kg. Can I take protien supplements and what effect will it have on my body? What will happen if i stop using it? Which product will be the best to use at my age?

Hi hein

i really don't think that you should use any supplements - just train! You are so young and so new to training and so I really think that you need to just do some training and it will come naturally. the protein supplements are really only best used by people who are training hard and need that last 5% to add. they are not nearly as effective when used by people who are not training optimallly. therefore, my honest advice is that you start training without them, get into a gym and do some good sessions for a while. you will find that you are growing anyway, and what will probably happen is that within 6 months, you will be seeing some changes and then if you keep that going, you will very soon develop a muscular build. you are the perfect age to start doing some training, but it's very important that you don't train too hard - you are still growing, you can afford to take your time, and then perhaps later, much later, you will benefit from supplementation.