Question
Posted by: Anthrax | 2007/03/23

protein needs and calorie needs.

Hi, Im a 23 year old male weighing 82kg and height of 6ft 3 that is only lifting weights to put on muscle mass. No cardio. Although I walk around the whole day at my job and for about an hour of that time carry heavy loads.
Please provide me with the amount of calories I would need each day to increase my muscle mass and amount of protein necessary.
Please also provide me with amount of calories needed for a male with my body measurements who requires to just keep within the correct BMI range. I'm just trying to find out how much less it would be.Thank you!

I would suggest you speak with a dietician about this one. There is no single value, no ideal calorie intake that will definitely work, unless you were able to measure exactly how much energy you burned during a day. So any number you get, whether it's from me or a dietician, is only a guess anyway. What is more important is having an exercise plan that will work combined with the types of foods and the amounts that are healthy. Whatever happens, you must be on a balanced diet, and so there's more to it than just calories. Therefore, my advice is that you arrange to speak to a dietician who can advise you on the specific brands and types of foods you should aim to eat.