Question
Posted by: L | 2004/10/08

Protein

Hi Doc,

Can eating animal protein three times a day, long term, cause problems for one's liver? The kind of protein I have been eating is an egg and toast for breakfast, white meat with veg for lunch the same for supper.
Regards,
L

L, this more a question for DietDoc than for me, but as long as you don’t exclusively eat animal protein you should be OK. A high protein diet puts more strain on the kidneys than the liver, but it might eventually affect the liver I suppose. Why don’t you drop DietDoc a line and hear what she has to say? Good luck.