Question
Posted by: Johan | 2007/03/07

Prostate infection

I get reoccuring fits of prostate inflamation / infection. I am 32. around 75 kg 1.8 m tall. I dont smoke or drink, have about 1 or 2 cups of coffee a week ( take rooibos the rest of the time ), I am married. I would like to know if there is something I can do to prevent it in the future. Can I change something in my lifestyle. I quite fear cancer. I went to the docter the first time for treatment but not since. inflamation returns once a year or so

Dear Johan
One should determine if this is just inflammation or infection. Read this article:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prostatitis/DS00341
Prostatitis is not a risk factor for prostate cancer but eating tomato products and other anti-oxidant containing foods will be a preventative measure