Posted by: Chantelle | 2011/05/31


Hi there, hubby needs to go for a prostate check.... how do you do that? and what is the symptoms of prostate cancer?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


The prostate is checked with a manual examination of the prostate through the anus. It is an uncomfortable procedure. If his doctor finds any abnormalities, it will be further investigated. Prostate cancer usually does not present with any symptoms until the latest stage of the disease. Please read the following article about prostate cancer:


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Chantelle | 2011/06/01

Hi there

Thanks for all the feedback, he is 28 now and yes he has not gone to a Dr before for this....

Reply to Chantelle
Posted by: jack | 2011/05/31

The docter will send him for a bloodtest, to check his PSA, that will indicate if his prostate is swollen or not, the docter can also do a finger test to feel if there is any lumps on the prostate,he will push his finger into his anus, glove on and lubricated, this takes not longer than a minute,(that is the way my dr, does it.)is this his first time and how old is he. If the proste is swollen or the PSA shows that there might be something wrong, he will be send to a uroloog (sorry afrikaans ) he will then do futher test, like doing a biopsy(i must go for one now,dont now all the facts wht happen there,know that i am going under narkose(afrikaans)

Reply to jack

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.