Question
Posted by: nancy | 2007/03/12

prostate

thank you for taking the time to read my request recently about 2months back my father went for an operation to remove his prostate it became very difficult for him to pass urine now after the operation he still is in pain and still takes him time to pass urine when he goes to the toilet i would like to know if this is all in the healing process or should there be cause to worry because the pain seems to be coming from the urine passage so he says i would appreciate your input in this doctor

Dear Nancy
No he should not have pain at this stage - he needs to go back to the urologist as there may be an obstruction that can cause chronic infection and eventually kidney failure.