advertisement
Question
Posted by: monks | 2007/02/26

Property Issue

I have a serious problem which i dont know how to slve it,but let me explain my story:
last year end of October i signed offer to purchase for some house,bank went to evaluate the house and approved to finance me, the house was R180 000,in December i received some email from Lawyers and the email reads as follows:WE CONFIRM AN INSTRUCTION TO REGISTER THE 23365(house number) BOND WAS RECEIVED,after a week or so they phoned me and telling me that they still waiting for a document for lights and electricity and they will call me to sign all the documents once all the documents are complete,i waited for something like 2 months without hearing anything from them..last week when i confrinted my Agent she is now telling me that the seller want to cancell the contract and sell the housewith the recent market value for that which will be +/- R250 00.
By doing that it will seriously inconvenience me,meaning that i will no longer qualify to buy a house for now or otherwise to get a job that is higher than my salary so that i can afford to buy...i think of taking this to my lawyer as i feel that this is not my problem cause all the delays was caused by both of them.I waited to long to loose this just like that..please help me out..will the lawyers helped in this matter?I will appreciate any advise.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

How would I know ?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

4
Our users say:
Posted by: monks | 2007/02/28

My boss advise me to take my agent to the Estate Agent Board,which i phone and ask for advise and they told me that i have a case against my lawyer cos the delay was not caused by me and they cant just decide to change price whenever price suits them...and one is going to buy that property unless i decided to back off...thanx for advise...please people know your rights before signing everything cause there people oout there who will take advantange of you ...always make a reseach urself and dont dump everything to your agent....

Reply to monks
Posted by: mmm | 2007/02/28

get to an attorney asap.

the seller wanting more money really isnt your problem as you have a contract for a certain amount. unless you have suspensive clauses still not fulfilled there should be no reason for it to register....

Reply to mmm
Posted by: Nick | 2007/02/27

A deed of sale normally has an expiry date - has yours?

Reply to Nick
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/27

If the offer was signed then surely it is binding -- was there any clause of any kind in it?

Reply to RMC

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement