Question
Posted by: john | 2005/07/09

proper food

our food is it killing us.?????? prematurely.........
have researched food and diets over the last 4 monthsand found detriment to our health stems as follows number one as the biggest killer... the top five in order are
1) Sugar
2) Wheat (Processed)
3) Salt
4) Dieticians (Monetary focused)
5) Smoking
This list was compiled from data found on the net and their relationship to causing death prematurely.........
1) your opinion would be appreciated.
2) this seems to be quite factual from what i can gather . So why isn't it published as such on sites like yours and these products issuing a government warning as do cigarettes..( No I don't smoke) I just dont like anomolies

Dear John
Thank you for this input. I can unfortunately not agree with your deductions and as I am a dietitian myself feel rather bemused that you have come to the conclusion that my professions which is among the worst paid of all professions, is dangerous because of monetary gain!!! This site contains a number of articles on the need to reduce intakes of foods that are detrimental to health. However, in a balanced diet all foods can play a role. For example individuals who are not specifically allergic to wheat can use this grain without harm. Even sugar in small quantities can be used to make low-fat diets palatable. So I am going to disagree with you on the points that related to food and diets.