Question
Posted by: D | 2007/04/14

Prolonged Pain

I had a back op in December. About 2-3 weeks ago, a pain developed in my lower back and over my hips. I went back to the physio therapist who reminded me of the importance of walking. I've been for several sessions but the pain has not improved. In fact, after a longish walk it moved into my groin and now is moving down my leg.

Could this be shingles, can one get shingles without a rash and/or how long before a rash appears.

The pain remains unbearable and I'm not sure what else to do and can't put my finger on the cause?

Please advise.

Dear D
The rash of shingles usually appear within a day or so. This could be a muscle spasm or nerve pinching somewhere - let your doctor have a look - if it is going on for a week or 2 already somethings wrong!