Question
Posted by: Casey | 2005/07/20

Prolonged Menstruation Period? What does that mean?

What does having a prolonged Menstration period mean? Possible Cysts or Fibroids ( what exactly ar those anyway?) I am 35 not on the pill and have had irregular periods for pretty much my whole life. I have just experienced a prolonged period though, 18 days which is highly unlike me. I have no Children. Please tel me what this could possibly mean? Is it something I should take very seriously?

There are many possible reasons - hormonal, stress, a problem with the uterus or ovaries. The best thing would be to see a gynaecologist.

1
Posted by: f'tee | 2005/07/20

I had two such case in the past 3 years.

My first prolonged period was an ectopic pregnancy and the second was a cyst.

It is thus not easy to say.

Rather have it checked out, your doctor would also not consider 18 days normal or expect you to wait it out.

Bye.

Reply to f'tee