Question
Posted by: nomes | 2003/02/17

Prolong use of formula 2001

I'd like to know, can you become addicted to formula 2001. I'v been using these tabs for the past year & half to lose weight, I weighed 70 of which I lost and my current weight is 63.5kg, I'm still on it even though I would like to cut it out completely. Unfortunately when i dont use it i tend to eat much more than usual and also all the wrong things, sweets,chips choclates which i crave for. What I found out is that if I dont use it I'm very lethargic and dont have energy for anything else after work. I'm active, run about 3/4 times a week +-7kms eat healthy and also do some weight training at home. I still want to lose about 4.kg but would like to do it without the tabs. I was thinking about doing the low carb/high protein but dont know what effect it will have on my running. I'll be 43 yrs in the next two months my height is 1.6m. I use 1 tab after breakfast which consist of 40g high fibre bran and yogurt, and 1 tab after lunch which is tuna and 6 provitas, supper is usually steamed veg with grilled chicken or fish. I drink lots of water and also black rooibos tea. I dont seem to be losing anymore
please advise.
thanx

Dear Nomes
Congratulations for losing all that weight - well done! There are so many different slimming products on the market that I can't keep track. However if you look at the list of ingredients and they list caffeine or guarana, and any form of epinephrine (synephrine) or bitter orange extract (citrus aurantium) then you will know that these are the ingredients which are a) suppressing your appetite b) increasing your energy by giving you a 'high' c) are potentially addictive. You still need carbs if you are running as intensively as you say you do. I would rather stick to a high-fibre, high-carb, low-fat diet (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). You may well be eating too little so that your body gets the message "starvation" and switches off your metabolism. Compare the Slimming Diet with your present food intake and make the necessary adjustments to encourage additional weight loss.