Posted by: Elrika | 2008/10/18

prolaps uterus?Please Help!


I surely do hope you can help me, I recently went to see a gynae about a permanent pain I had and thought that it might be a cist. But while doing the internal sonar discoverd that my uterus is now bending backwards! i had my daugther almost 6 years ago, and since then have been experiencing pain during intercorse, and this may sound silly but it actually feels like my uterus is swollen cause I can feel it, and my periods is EXTREMLY painful!! What can I do? I have heard that I will straggle to fall pregnant again!! Im only 23 and would surly love another child. Please Help!!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

This is called a retroverted uterus. 25% of women have it. It can cause pain during intercourse in certain positions but does not interfere with falling pregnant. You could try alternative sexual positions, or have surgery to lift it forward.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.