Question
Posted by: Only me? | 2005/12/06

PROLACTIN LEVELS TO HIGH - TRYING TO CONCEIVE

I have a non cancerous lump in my breast (been for a biopsy and result was non cancerous).

I went for blood tests about 6 months ago and the results showed that I have very high prolactin levels, as well as my insulin levels are to high.

I did some reading on the internet, and I found an article which stated that if your prolactin levels are to high your body "thinks" you are breast feeding. You also get lumps in your breast which is non cancerous.

My questions is: If I get this lump removed - will it better my changes in getting pregnant? I am currently on medication to lower my prolactin. (The lump is still there, I thought it would reduce in size, but unfortunately it didn't) But at least, if the lump is removed then my body won't think I am breast feeding?

Please help, I don't really want to get the lump removed (too damn scared) but if that will better my changes to fall pregnant I will do it!!

The lump will not make any difference to your prolactin levels and your ability to conceive. This is controlled by the pituitary gland near the brain.

Best wishesi