Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2005/11/18

Prolactin

I wonder if you could help me. I have been told that i have PCOS and am very lucky if I have a period on my own once a year. I have however had a milky substance coming out of my breasts and I was told that my Prolactin levels are normal Could you please advise as to whether or not this is something to be conserned about. My hubby and I are wanting to start a family and I really would like to Eliminate any posible problems I could have. My Gynae has told me I will have to have Provera to bring on a period and then recommends 150mg Clomid (3 x a day) is this advisable?
thank you'

if your prolactin level is normal , then the brest secretion is not hormonal , but should still be assessed.clomid is advisible but i would begin at 50mg and step up until ovulation is achieved.