Question
Posted by: T-man | 2007/12/19

Programmes

Hey doc.. I recently opened a contract at the local gym. I have been doing basic lifting, pressing, rows and all kinds of other workouts. My problem is that i don't have a definate programme that i am following. I weigh 57kg, im 17 years of age. I would like to build lean muscle and gain weight and have more defined muscles. I would like to focus on abs, chest, shoulders, arms and thighs and my goal is to reach 65kg in 6 weeks.. I am a hard worker and i love a good chalenge. I eat a healthy protein focused, balanced diet. Can you please suggest a good programme that i can follow to achieve my goals and objectives.. Thanx doc

Hi T-man

I think that given your relatively young age, the first thing you need is a specific goal. You've identified building muscle and gaining weight as a goal - next question is whether there is a more specific goal than that - is there a sport you do that might need to match your training, for example?

Once you have that, then I think that your best bet is to chat with the guys in the gym, for a couple of reasons. One is that they can actually show you the technique and give you some hands-on advice - if I said to do "good mornings", would you know the exercise? That's why a guy right there to help is the best.

Second, the person who starts you out is going to be the best person to advise you later on, and that means he would ideally be there to monitor your programme. I couldn't do either, so I'd say you're better off talking with the gym trainers and having them help you!

Ross

2
Posted by: reer | 2009/02/24

omg aha

Reply to reer
Posted by: player | 2008/08/10

I need a gym program in which i can build muscle and power. I train with wiegts and i play rugby. can you send me an effective program?

Reply to player