Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/01/18

Program

Hi There

I started my fitness program in December - started swimming the gym's pool is 22m and I swim about 30 - 35 lenghs - I want swimming great no joint strainning and also the breathing and being in the water relaxes me. I gym Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday off, and then I go to a yoga class on Saturday. I think my training is up to date at the moment and its a plus point that I am really enjoying it. I lost 1kg since December and my body fat went down about 3% - I only have a kg and half to reach my ideal weight of 47.5kg.
My problem is just my body get very tired of being healthy and then one or two days in the week I just want to go out have a drink or two and eat something fatttening. What is your view on off days? Cause this happen esp on the days I dont train

hI Kasandra

Well done on your achievements so far, that's great! What you're experiencing now is nthing surprising and you would do well to pay attention to what it's saying. Because if you have lost this weight, are feeling slightly tired, and you crave foods high in energy, then there is a good chance that you are under-eating relative to your exercise. IT's something that you might want to consult a dietician about, but in the meantime a short fix is to look at increasing your energy intake, of things like fruits and making sure you eat many more small meals a day. I don't know what you are eating, but I would guess that there is probably a time where you have allowed a full three or four hours to pass without eating - that is to be avoided. Rather find healthy snack options, even fruitjuices etc.

And then once you get down to the 47 to 49 kg mark, try not to weigh yourself too often. I guarantee, you're already in the ideal weight RANGE - there's no SINGLE weight you should be at. But you're there, you've done well, now just enjoy maintaining, because you'll see that it's quite easy to do with the right diet and continuing your exercise.