Question
Posted by: Curious | 2007/07/31

Progestorone 222 is this normal????????

Hi.
I am 8 weeks pregnant and my progestorone level was tested yesterday and showed 222.67. Is this to high or is this normal. Does anybody know what it should be. I am currently using cyclogest pessaries. My doctor said I should stop using it from today, but I am affraid that it might drop back to its old levels especially now between 8 and 10 weeks which is a crucial time.

Dear Curious

Usually at 8weeks implantation has firmly occurred and progesterone supplementation is no longer necessary since the placenta is able to produce its own progesterone. However it will do no harm to continue for at least another week, as is common practice in our centre.

2
Posted by: Curious | 2007/07/31

Thanks.

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Dee | 2007/07/31

It seems quite high but for early pregnancy I think that its normal and esp since you have been using prog supps. I cant comment on whether you should stop or not if you are with a FS then I guess you could trust his judgement?

Reply to Dee