Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2006/04/20

Progesterone levels

Hi all

I have already placed a message on the infertility forum, but I need advice from anyone that can give me. So sorry that I am asking on more than one forum.

I went for a progesterone test on Tuesday (day 23) and my results are 71.1. I now know that this is rather high (from the infertility forum) as I am not using any medication to help with ovulation.

I would just like to know if anyone can let me know what the causes of such a high result could be. Could it be that I just have a high progesterone level or could something else be causing this?

It means that you ovulated in this cycle.

2
Posted by: Wendy | 2006/04/21

Hi RD

Thank you so much for your response. I done a HPT yesterday and it was negative, but seen as though I was only on day 25 of my 30 day cycle it could have been too soon to do the test.

I will wait another week and then go for the blood test.

I really hope that this time it will be positive, but I am also trying not to put my hopes up too much.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: RD | 2006/04/21

That looks like a good value for pregnancy, i hope so! When are you going to be doing a HPT?

Reply to RD