Question
Posted by: karin | 2006/07/31

progesterone level tests, confused

hi there, i had my prog levels checked on day 22, the doc phoned on day 23 to say level was very high, indicating iv just or already ovulated, but i tested on day 12-14 positive with a urine test, for ovulation, also had clear cm. on day 24 i started spotting and day 26 i have a full period, is this correct, i thought that high prog could indicate pregnancy, how come i started spotting inspite of a high reading?? thanx xxx

The high progesterone indicates that you ovulated but did not conceive in that cycle.

1
Posted by: Prillay | 2006/08/01

Progesterone levels on day 22 indicate whether you have ovulated or not, it does not indicate pregnancy no matter how high.

They say spotting can be caused by low progesterone in you rcycle,but it is not alwasy the case, I have had day 22 levels of 38, 42 and the last one 48, and I spotted all the cycles.

Reply to Prillay