Question
Posted by: G | 2006/04/04

Progesterone and ovulation

Hi doc,

I've always had a very very regular cycle. It's always been 28 days. I've been trying to conceive for 7 months now, and thought that perhaps it's time to start taking some test to see if everything is in place. (I'm 24 years old)

I did a progesterone test on day 23 (the doc sent me on this day) and the results came back at 56.09. She receptionist said that I definately ovulated and that the quality of ovulation was quite good. (Outcome of semen analysis is what we're waiting for now)

Could you perhaps tell me what kind of levels your progesterone should be at in early pregnancy, or after ovulation? (Approximate/average?)

I see so many different values posted by ladies, and am totally thrown off.....

Your help would be much appreciated...

Thanking you in advance.....

Dear G

It certainly appears that the level of Progesterone presented indicates that ovulation has indeed occurred. Progesterone levels as a diagnostic tool for pregnancy is very unreliable and certainly levels over a 100 should be considered as a possible early sign of pregnancy.