Question
Posted by: puppy | 2005/07/06

Progesterone and metformin

Hi there!
Quick update : we are 11 weeks tomorrow and baby is doing very well 38.5mm and that was at 10 weeks 1 day!
I am on 200 mg progesterone due to boarderline progesterone levels. I am on 850mg metformin twice daily PCOS with high insulin levels). My Gynae wants me to stop both the progesterone as well as the metformin after my 1st trimester. Is this normal practise and will my baby be effected by the change. Has anyone else been on either one of the 2 meds (or both)?

Thanks!

That is normal practice and your baby will not be affected.

2
Posted by: Puppy | 2005/07/06

Hi there, Nelly!

The tummy problems are very notmal and it will get better, keep taking the medication yout tummy will settle down.
I am on 850mg, I also had to go on 3 cycles of Clomid to induce ovulation, your Gynae will advise on that.....
The most important thing to do, is relax, find ways to distract from the fertility issues that surrounds you, when the time is right everything will fall into place. I becasme obsessed with having a baby and it caused major emotional and physical damage, as soon as I learnt how to relax and take my mind off the babymaking and then my little one happened....
Good luck and hang in there!

Reply to Puppy
Posted by: nelly | 2005/07/06

hello

congrats on your little one..

i am taking metformin as i have pcos..taking it for a week now..experiencing stomach cramps,diarrhoea,nausea.

were u sucessful with metformin,,am trying for a baby.

my ovaries are large therefore taking metformin..

pls advise

thanks

Reply to nelly