Question
Posted by: jacquib | 2007/06/14

Progesterone

Hi, I just wanted to know if using progesterone cream will assist when trying to fall pregnant. I am using it from when ovulation starts to just when period starts. Thanks.

Dear Jacquib

If you suffer from insufficient progesterone or luteal insufficiency then the progesterone supplementation may be of benefit. In order to establish the diagnosis of luteal phase insufficiency you would need to know exactly your day of ovulation and should your period occur within 12 days of the exact time of ovulation one would suspect luteal insufficiency.

1
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2007/06/14

I have low progesterone levels and that is why I cant fall pregnant.I am going onto clomid by prescription from my gynea. With that treatment I take it from the time my period stops until I ovulate. So based on that I would think you should do the same with the cream. i.e From the time you stop your period until the time you ovulate. I cant see it being much use after ovulation as this is when progesterone levels drop for your period to start. Did the cream not come with instructions? Very interetsing!

Reply to Tinkerbell