Posted by: Frost | 2004/10/10

Problomatic Overies

My fiance went to the gynae about a week ago. This iwas for a 6 month checkup after the gynae suspected that she had cancer. The resullt was negative, but the gynae told her that there are holes in the overies and that they are slowly degrading. this makes her chances of having children very difficult apparently and it has been a great fear of hers that she might not have children as cancer runs in the family. The problem is twofold: 1) is there anything we can do to "restore" her overies to make her chances of having children better 2) she has become extremely depressed, what can I do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Frost, I doubt that there is anything you can do to restore the ovaries, but you can tell her that there is no reason to be depressed because as long as she has one egg she will be able to fall pregnant. All you have to do is to start building a family as soon as you’re ready. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.