Posted by: Tshego Matome | 2011/01/15

Problems with the urinary tract

I am a 26 year old female &  am very suppceptible to urinary tract infections. One doctor once told me that having sex with a full bladder does contribute, and have then on started emptying out my blabber afetr intercourse. But the problem still persists and am frequantly on antibiotic treatment (Ciprofloxacin). I am affraid of eventually causing antibiotc resistance and have started taking Cramberry supplements to prevent the adhering of the bacteria on my urinary tract. My infection incedence has decreased, but i still suffer from the persistant symptoms associated with the infection, such as sudden need to urinate, frequent urination &  inability to hold my urine. I am starting to suspect that there might be something wrong with my bladder. Can you please advice as to what I should do &  appropriate tests to be done to receive a correct diagnosis.

Looking forward to our responce
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


It is imperative to consult a urologist for a full examination and possible cystoscopy, to exclude any pathological cause.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.