Posted by: concerned | 2009/05/27

Problems with bowel

HI Doc

I have a question i am a 37 year old male with some bowel problems, i went to my doc and told him that i keep on getting a pain in my right hand side. He took blood and then did some other tests. One of the test' s was anormal X Ray and i was shown that i have some blockage in the right hand side of the bowel.

He gave me coloprep to use .... i had a good run at first and then
it became normal water, i am not yet sure if the blockage is gone.
Should i go back for another scan or should i wait to see what happens.

I am a little concernd as i dont want to sit with something more serious and not do anything about it.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Concerned
I think it is good to go back for a follow up x/ray to ensure that the blockage is resolved. I also think you should take something like Duphalac or Fybogel orange on a regular basis to ensure that your bowel empties regularly.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: concerned | 2009/05/28

HI Doc

Went for the scan again ... looks much better doktor said it cleared preety good only small amounts left, but lots and lost of gas now because of coloprep.

I feel ok just a little bloated at this stage, taking Probi 5 and eating allot of fruits and cereal.

I would like to feel better by the end of the week, this has been going on for too long. Will Fybogel be ok if i have IBS ??

Reply to concerned

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.