Posted by: Marianna | 2008/09/25

Problems after Copper-T loop

I have had the Copper T loop inserted 9 months ago and eversince it seems as if everything is just not right. For starters, my cycle is now 21 days and the bleeding is heavy and carries om for about 7 days. For the rest of the time when I' m not menstruating I mostly have a brownish/bloody discharge. And furthermore I have a constant sharp pain exactly where the loop had been inserted.
What could the reason for all of this be?

The heavy bleeding is a side effect of the loop. The irregular bleeding should not be. It might indicate an infection. I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/12

I'm using copper the from four and half year but now I'm one month pregnant still copper t not removed, I'm very tensed,

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/03

I have inserted Copper T 1year ago. after that my periods became irregular and always periods time I spot for one week , then my normal periods starts. what could be the reason?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/20

i'v had the copper t inserted 3 days ago n 2day when i ws bathing i felt thet d srings are too long so i took a mirror n i saw them.what does this mean,should they b that long to b seen?pls help

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/07/23

After insection of copperT when can u start having sex?

Posted by: Marianna | 2008/09/25

Yes, I have 2 kids and specifically chose to go with copper T because I don' t want to use pill any longer and the mirena sounded too drastic to me. But now it doesn' t seem as if it was the right choice either

Reply to Marianna
Posted by: loni | 2008/09/25

have you had children yet?? If not then it is not a good idea to use the copper t loop because it does give problems. I had such heavy bleeding that I had to take meds along with using pads and a tampon at the same time.

Reply to loni