Posted by: Tanya | 2008/12/15

Problematic menstrual cycle

Ever since my first born I' ve had irregular and excessively irritable menstrual cycle. My oldest is now 13 years old. It lasts for about 3 weeks &  stops for only a couple of days. Whenever my husband &  I have sex it is as if it brings it on as well.
I have been to my GP and he has no explanation for this. I do not use any contraceptive as my tubes were tied about 8 years ago but I have tried all contraceptives just to get some kind of cycle back but no luck.
Do you have any advice as I am fed up with having my period , do I need to go to a gynecologist &  what tests or treatment can I expect?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You should see a gynaecologist. He would do some hormone tests and possibly a scan and tests to look at the womb.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.