Question
Posted by: frikkie | 2004/08/16

problem with vaginal lubrication,but very aroused

I am aroused by my husband but am vaginally dry. I don't like having to use the KYGel all the time as I worry that he might take offence and think I'm not aroused by him. He does understand and we have spoken about it but it still worries me as we used to be very spontaneuos but now I must always prepare myself for sex. please help

Vaginal dryness can be caused by many factors:

Not being aroused enough before sex, or not wanting to have sex
Being penetrated before you're ready
Feeling stressed
Taking medications that are drying, including isotretinoin (brand name accutane, for the treatment of acne) and decongestants and antihistamines
Using marijuana before and during sex — it can dehydrate
Experiencing certain hormonal states or abnormalities that can change vaginal fluids — birth control pills, Depo-Provera, pregnancy, and breastfeeding can contribute to vaginal dryness in this way
Having an infection
Getting older and menopause
Vaginal dryness is one reason why some women have sex during their period — because the menstrual flow allows for "natural" lubrication.

What is it about lubes that you and your husband dislike? Is it because you think that you're supposed to produce enough of your own vaginal lubricant in the presence of the one you love or are attracted to? Some women naturally make more of their own lube than others, and, as mentioned above, it's often situational. Needing to apply some extra lube from time to time does not mean that anything is wrong.

And, not all lubes are the same; some may work better for you than others. Effective water-based lubes are available in the chemist and shops specializing in sex-related products. You and your husband can sample a variety of them as they usually make women wet, slippery, and juicy, allowing sex to be more comfortable and pleasurable for both partners.

Try Astroglide or Silk as an alternative to KY Jelly.

Dr Elna McIntosh

3
Posted by: JOY | 2015/01/25

am a married woman when eve i make a sex with my husband d sperm will not b inside my stomach it go out immidaitly what is d cause of dat

Reply to JOY
Posted by: frikkie | 2004/08/19

thanks for your reply. KY gel is fin and inexpensive but as per doctors reply I just feel that I'm suppoesed to be more lubricated. I used to have no problems,but maybe after to girls and having a progestorn loop inserted I must get used to things changing. Stay well

Reply to frikkie
Posted by: lubrificator | 2004/08/17

I have the same problem with lubrication.
What i realised is that foreplay is very important. If we dont indulge in foreplay then i'm totally dry.
And what i've realised too is that when i've had a night of drinking it actually makes it worse.
The only time i dont worry about lubrification is when i'm menstruating.
I haven't used KY Jelly maybe i should invest in some.
What do you think?

Reply to lubrificator