Question
Posted by: NSR | 2008/07/18

Problem with period

I am 30 years old, have 2 kids. Before I had kids I suffered very badly with period pains. I had a lapscope done and firbroids removed. After my 1st child my periods were much better. After the 2nd one though it seems to be going downhill.

I start my period with about 2 days of what seems to be very old blood. Very dark brown in colour and almost stringy bits. Pain has also increased. This month has been worse in the sense that I have the big ' pieces'  coming out.

My gynie seems to think going on contraception (I am not using any) will help. But I still want to know what causes the old blood issue and why I suddenly have these clots coming out. Why is the bleeding heavier than ever with the clots? Will contraception really help?

You could have recurrence of the fibroids. If they are not very large, the Pill or injectable will help reduce the pain and amount of bleeding. PHLY's idea of Brufen is also an option.

1
Posted by: PHLY | 2008/07/18

I was having the same problem as u but I got help from something small. I take 2 bruphen(red) a day before my period ,2 during the period,2 before I go to sleep and 1 everytime i feel the pain, it helps believe me.It helps with the flow of blood the blood becomes lighter and the pain just dissapears.

Reply to PHLY