Question
Posted by: PHIL | 2007/02/28

Problem with eye

I know this might be the wrong forum, but there is no eye doc so maybe someone here knows.

I have had a very bad eye for many years, but never used my glasses as I couldn't get used to it.My sight in one of my eyes has deteriorated very badly, affecting the other eye as well.
Problem is that a few moths back the weak eye started feeling scratchy all the time, almost like there is sand in it. At time it has a pain as if a needle is stuck into it, and then it waters. Been to the doctor and couldn't see anything under my eye lid, what could be causing this?.

Dear Phil
You should please see an opthalmologist or an optometrist at least - you need to have a eye pressure test, a staining of the cornea to exclude viral infection and an examination of the back of the eye or retina.