Posted by: JH | 2008/07/22

Problem with arm

I was in a car accident in 2001 and suffered a severe blow to my elbow - x-rays showed nothing although the pain was very bad.

Since then (more during the winter months) I have a problem that during the night my arm goes numb and dead and my fingers right up to my shoulder has pins and needles. If I do not get up and move my arm around and stay in bed the bad pain starts - all along my arm - it is very bad and unbearable. During the day it is fine except when I do ' fine'  work like sewing on a button or something my hand goes numb. What can this be. It' s been 7 years and it keeps on happening??????

Expert ImageArchive

Hello JH,

You need to see your local osteopath to have appropriate evaluation and treatment.
visit for more information.

Your injury could involve muscular and neurovascular elements but it is not wise to make a diagnosis at a distance.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath