Question
Posted by: Stresser | 2005/07/12

problem when swallowing

When I swallow my food is seems to get stuck in the area where it enters the stomach. I have to drink something immediately or try and work it down with rubbing my chest or contracting and relaxing muscles. What is wrong? It sems to get worse when I am stressed or upset. Please help I am desperate.

Stresser, it might be due to muscle spasm or a hiatus hernia, but it might also be due to something growing down there. This is why the best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.