Question
Posted by: novice | 2008/01/24

problem losing excess fat

Hi all ,i`ve been gymming at home for about a year now and prior to that was at our local gym and the problem is i`m struggling to lose excess fat especially around abdomen and love handles.I train 4 times a week-45 min to 60min sessions.I weigh 115kg and stand 1.9 metres tall.My sessions include 10 min cardio start and afterwards 4 muscle groups each alternate day and each exercise consist of 4 sets of 12 reps.What can i do to lose the fat and keep the muscle also i don`t use any supplements.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

To lose weight you have to consume about 500-1000 calories less per day than you body needs for its energy output. According to my calculations you need about 3200 calories per day to maintain at 115 kg thus you have to reduce that intake by 1000 calories to start losing weight. Also divide the 2200 calories into six meals per day with a macronutrient split of 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fats. Make sure you do not consume more fat and that more than half of the fat intake is good fats (avo/nuts/olive/seeds) and eat ONLY low GI carbs.

Good luck!
Vanessa

1
Posted by: Ebie | 2008/01/25

Continue your weight training but use light weights and do more reps. this will help with definition. for weight loss you need to more Cardio (A.K.A aerobic exercise) exercises such as cycling, swimming and running. this will help you lose fat as well as gain lean muscle

Reply to Ebie