Question
Posted by: Sue | 2007/03/15

problem feet

Good morning

Please can you help with a query - about 6 months ago i started having the occasssional problem with my feet.
6 months ago, after running after my boss for an hour, my feet got very painful, swelled up and blistered on the side. At the time I put this down to the shoes, however this has happened 3 more times since then, sometimes the left and sometimes the right foot. It doesn't seem to matter what shoes I wear (they are usually comfortable flat shoes). The last time was Friday last week, I had worn a pair of flat comfy sandals all day, and by Friday evening my foot was sore, by saturday morning it felt like I was walking on a hard knob under my foot, and by saturday night my foot was swollen and painful. Sunday brough two huge blisters under my foot on the arch with the sweeling still very bad - I couldnt walk.
What can the problem be, I take good care of my feet and am otherwise very healthy other than being slightly anaemic.

many thanks

Expert ImageArchive

Sue there can be several causes of your problem and the best thing I can do is refer you to a podiatrist via the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249.
Clearly there is a cause and I am sure this will become apparrent once someone examines your feet