Question
Posted by: Candice | 2006/07/20

Problem dry scalp

I have a very dry, itchy scalp. i continously scratch my scalp and sometimes i've scratched my scalp open. this has caused scabs to form all over my scalp and then i scratch those off, which i know does not help. i have been using Selzen Blue but a day later flakes have formed again. is there anything that i can use that might help.

regards

Candice

Expert ImageArchive

Perhaps you have eczema of the the scalp or even psoriasis. Selsun is not "good" enough to treat these conditions. They repond to cortisone in the form of lotions or gels. See your doctor to make a definitive diagnosis.