Question
Posted by: Worried mommy | 2004/02/23

Problem child

I have a 4 yr old who is very intelligent, but has too much energy, is extremely destructive, cannot play well with his brother, etc. Would this be course for worry? Does he need to see a child psychologist to check that all is OK?

Dear Worried mommy,
it's obviously hard to tell at Third hand. Some 4 year-olds are simply more boisterous and energetic than others, with nothing wrong with them. Some may have problems related to Attention Deficit Disorder, or similar issues, which could be helped by treatment. The best way to be sure would be to see a child psychologist for a proper assessment and advice on possible treatment. If there's nothing wrong, as if probably the case, I'm sure the child psychologist should be pleased to tell you that.