Posted by: Lucy | 2008/10/08

I had a look around for the Endochrone Doc in our telephone book and there is nothing nothing listed. I live in a small town just outside of Potchefstroom which is about 140km from JHB Can you please assist me with Centres in the area that have one of these at the centre so that I can make an appointment. Or should I just go to my doctor and ask him to do the tests that he might think are the right ones and then move from their. I know I had a slight problem with my Thyroid just before I fell pregnant and the results came at the same day I found out I was pregnant so no medication was given Do you think I need to have it tested again? That was almost three years ago. I had a look at the articles on the Low GI diets and I will start putting something together to get me started. I hope you can assist me with some contacts as I would really like to get these tests out the way to find out what is wrong with me. I can' t go on like this anymore and I am affraid of going back to my old habbits of not eating or throwing up. Again thanks so much for all the assistance.

Dear Lucy
The name of the medical specialist you need to see is "Endocrinologist". First do the Search to find a dietitian in Potchefstroom by visiting the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and clicking on "Find a Dietitian and ask her who to go and see. Otherwise phone 1023 and ask the telephone people to give you the number of a Mediclinic or some other medical hospital in Potch. Once you have the number, you phone the clinic or hospital and ask them to lead you further.
Hope you can get this sorted