Question
Posted by: Cat | 2008/05/21

Problem

I have a problem with unwanted hair above my lip! I've used veet and no hair and even the trimmers they advertise on Verimark! If the hair is gone i can still see that black "Mustach" over my whole lip! All of them works but when the hair comes back it gets more black and harder! I am a woman and dont want to look like a man and i dont want it.
What can i use to get rid of it all? Especially the black shadowish mustach after the hair removel products????

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Cat, thank you for the question.

Your best approach would be to consult an aesthetic practitioner or dermatologist who can examine the area and verify that the ‘moustache’ you are noticing after removing the hair is actually from hair.
Melasma, a form of pigmentation that typically presents on the upper lip described as a ‘coffee stain’ effect. The hair removal options available will therefore not address this form of pigmentation.
If there is no pigmentation contributing to the moustache like effect your best approach to remove unwanted hair is to consider permanent hair reduction using either laser hair removal, IPL/Bi-Polar Radiofrequency hair removal, or IPL hair removal.

1
Posted by: brent | 2008/05/21

I think what you should is go to a paramedical clinic and ask for alkaline wash on lip or go for electolysis which will remove the hair permanently

Reply to brent