Question
Posted by: Jen | 2004/01/26

Problem?

I exercise about 5 times a week and eat a balanced diet but I am slightly concerned about something. I need to eat at least every two hours or so and drink a lot of water otherwise I feel a bit weak and my hands shake slightly. It's not a big deal,I just make sure I eat often, but was just wondering if this is normal? Thanks

Dear Jen
These symptoms could be indicative of a problem with your blood sugar and insulin levels, so Please do go for a medical checkup just to be sure. If you should have such problems I would urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). Diet and exercise are two very important factors in the treatment of insulin conditions.
Keep up the good work with the exercise and go for that checkup ASAP.