Question
Posted by: ET | 2005/11/20

probiotics

We are going to Mozambique for 2 weeks during December. We are taking the probiotic, Nutrolin B plus with us in case of intestinal disorders. The therapeutic index from cipla.com, states " unless directed by a physician, do not use for more than 2 days, or in the presence of high fever.
Q 1. The reason we are taking it with us, is that there are no physisians availabe - for how long can it be used for intestinal disorders? If only 2 days, why?
Q2. Why can't it be used in presence of high fever? Can it be used if high fever is controlled with paracetemol or aspirin ?

ET, I have no idea and can’t see why you can’t take it for longer than two days either. Probiotics are not medicine; it is more a food supplement. Have you asked the natural health expert? Let me know if he can’t help and I’ll find out for you. Good luck.