Question
Posted by: prayer | 2007/05/10

prison and bbay

I want to have artifitial insemintaion. My doner is in prison. How do i get his semen while he is in there. Please don't ask me why a prisoner/ please. Is there any laboratory where i can go for help or a doctor perhaps who can have access to prison hospitals so that the semen can be taken safely? please advice

You would have to discuss with the prison authorities whether this will be allowed. The procedure is as Dee described.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/05/10

I dont know much about prison rules but you will have to arrange to drop off a sample bottle at the prison where your donor will have to masturbate to produce a sample. The sample will then be have to picked up and dropped off at a lab within 1 hour. you will then have AI that morning with the prepared sample. Normally AI is done twice so you may have to repeat this whole process the next day.

Just out of interest - a donor should have a good sperm count and quality for the AI to work. Are you sure you know what his sperm count and quality is like? Perhaps you should do a semen analysis first before attempting AI. good luck.

Reply to Dee