Question
Posted by: Liesl24 | 2006/10/30

Primolut

Hi GynaeDoc,

I am 31, have been off the pill for 10 months this year and trying to get pregnant.

Since coming off the pill, my periods have been extremely heavy and I have also been spotting heaviliy between my periods (specifically during ovulation and 2nd half of cycle). In fact, the spotting is so heavy and "mucousy" that I have to wear a tampon in the middle of my cycle (bright red spotting!)

My doctor has prescribed me Primolot for between days 19-27 of my cycle.

My question to you is this: is taking Primolut the right course of action, or should I not wait any longer and go see a gynae as soon as possible? I was thinking of giving the Primolut a try for 3 months first to see if I would get pregnant. However, I am 31 already and want to have kids asap (do not have any kids yet).

Many thanks for your advice and time!
Liesl

Primolut will not help you to conceive. It is only to regulate your period. Try timing intercourse around ovulaiton. If nothing has happened in the next 2-3 months, you should see a gynaecologist.