Question
Posted by: Laura | 2004/01/21

Price of InfertilityTreatments

What is the going rate of infertility treatments such as IVF and GIFT?
I understand medical aid does not cover this.

Comparative prices in:
Cape Town
Durban
JHB

Expert ImageArchive

Thank you for your question. Medical schemes do not cover the cost of providing for treatment of infertility from the risk pool of funds. However, most medical schemes will re-imburse you for these costs if you have a savings account attached to the medical scheme, (the amount of re-imbursement will depend on the medical scheme).

The question of how much these treatments will cost is best obtained from a specialist in this field. I have taken the liberty of posting your question on the gynae expert site.

1
Posted by: Carin | 2005/11/02

Do medical schemes cover costs or some costs involving in-vitro fertilization or the treatment involving infertility?

Reply to Carin