Question
Posted by: DIMPLE | 2006/04/02

PREVERA

I HAVE IRREGULAR PERIODS.I WAS ON PREVERA ONCE BEFOR AND GOT MY PERIOD AFTER 5 DAYS. IT'S A WEEK KNOW THAT I HAVE FINISHED TAKING PREVERA.DURING THE WEEK I HAD BACK PAINS,WOBBLY KNEES A PAIN ON MY SIDE(USUALLY ASSOCIATED WITH MY PERIODS)BUT TO DATE I HAVE NO PERIODS.COULD I BE PREGNANT?

Dear Dimple

I would suggest that you wait another 4 or 5 days before considering other options. Occasionally, the period takes a little longer to come on after provera. Should you still not then see your period I suggest a pregnancy test be done and if this is negative to see your gynaecologist for further advice.